Thursday, March 22, 2007

Overcoming the Challenges to Entrepreneurial Funding in SA

The truth is that within South Africa level of entrepreneurial activity needs to increase if we are going to avoid JOBLESS GROWTH in the current economic boom. As I interact with entrepreneurs and SMEs on a daily basis, the complaint I hear more than any other is "I can't seem to get any outside funding for my business therefore the growth of my business is restrained".

The development of efficient markets for funding entrepreneurs in SA is critically important. The development of entrepreneurial financing markets will require a concerted effort on the part of all contributors to the market: capital providers, entrepreneurs and government.

Check out a piece that I wrote on this topic for the GIBS website :
http://www.gibs.co.za/home.asp?pid=2166

You can also download the podcast relating to this topic from the same link.
I would love to hear your comments!!!!

No comments: