Saturday, November 10, 2007

New Life New Direction

For all those MILLIONS of you (actually its only a few) who have been faithful readers of this blog, thank you. I have been quiet in the past two months as I have settled into my new life on the West Coast of the USA. I am now living in Seattle, studying at the University of Washington and lapping up the technology focused entrepreneurial culture of the Pacific Northwest.

My focus over the next few years is on BUSINESS MODELS . I am looking at how entrepreneurial success is linked to the business model of a business. As I have worked with, studied and been part of entrepreneurial ventures over the past few years I have developed the belief that too little attention is paid to the concept of a business model.

A business model, as the profit engine within the business, is central to the survival and success of a high growth entrepreneurial business. Without a clear model for generating revenues in excess of costs, a business cannot survive in the long term. Yet very little is understood about what differentiates one type of business model from another, what impact a business model has on firm performance and how a business model is created and develops over time in young, entrepreneurial organizations.

So this will be focus over the next while and as a result, much of what I put on my blog will relate to business model creation, evolution and performance.

No comments: